Saturday, October 14, 2017

Hello

Hi there! I am Chris Thomas, 40ish year old computer nerd, husband and grandfather, located in Shropshire, UK.

There have been a few nerdy things recently that I've needed to keep a written note about... a few different Raspberry Pi install steps, mostly to do with rebuilding my magic mirror and getting that operational again (after the power supply took a dive and fried the original SD card), but rather than keep notes in a text file in some obscure directory on my pc, forever to languish in obscurity, I thought I'd write them up so that other people who are interested or Googling for similar problems in the future could find them and maybe my experiences will help. I could find a relevant forum to post these things, but then I'd have to keep track of all sorts of website links and logins and passwords, and to be honest I just can't be arsed.

Plus, with my own public blog, I can also show off the magic mirror build pictures, publish a few other silly things as they cross my mind (or when I find them, buried in the deep recesses of my hard disk), and maybe even vent my spleen as the UK is driven to destruction over the Brexit cliff edge.

Do feel free to join in and ask questions or comment, especially if it's to blow hot air up my ass and tell me how great I am.😉

No comments:

Post a Comment