Tuesday, October 17, 2017

New Clicky Keyboard

My wife loves me! She bought me an expensive new mechanical keyboard, with nice tactile clicky keys that are a dream to type with, and evoke a bygone age of solidly built, albeit beige, computing.
I didn't want to make a mistake by buying a keyboard I wouldn't actually like, so my research consisted of watching a load of YouTube videos with people testing all sorts of switches. Also, I was pleased to discover that you can buy switch testers from eBay, which allows you to actually hear and compare what the different mechanical switches feel like. I bought a nine-key one for about £7, and it was very useful to compare the type of switches that are available. I decided that the Cherry MX Blue switches were the best of the bunch for me.


The keyboard is Bluetooth capable and interestingly it's USB cable can be removed, so can be wired and not require batteries, or be completely wire free.


I wrote a brief product review for the website that I purchased it from...
Great keyboard! Solidly constructed, and very very nice to type on. I can almost feel my typing speed and accuracy getting better! Yes, they're a bit noisier than a standard cheap USB keyboard, but really not by much. Pairing is straightforward, though I could actually do with more than 4 pair slots! The only problem I've had is that the @ and " symbols (and a few others) are swapped when paired to an iPhone and iPad, and there doesn't seem to be a way to change either the keyboard or iDevice's configuration. However, I'm still very impressed, and I'm considering getting a second one for work!
Does anyone know how to fix the iPhone/iPad swapped key problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment