Monday, October 23, 2017

What I want is a proper hookey copy

(To be sung to the tune of "What I want is a proper cup o' coffee")

A fat man sat, in a popcorn covered seat, in a cinema in downtown Barking,
The audience, were noisy, and the kids,
We're running, up and down, and talking,
Ah curse ya, curse ya, curse ya, it's the worst theatre I've been caught in!

'Cause,
All I want is a proper hooky copy,
Made by a pirate movie copier,
I did download a lot,
'Cause I want a cheap ass copy, and don't want to pay a jot!
Pirate Bay's blocked!
Links sites are cocked!
They're no use to me!
If I can't have a proper hooky copy from a pirate movie copier, I'll buy the DVD!

In days of old when pirates were bold, they would sneak a camera in, to the cinema,
The focus was off, you'd hear other patrons cough, and they'd wander in front of the camera,
They were the worst movie copies! I felt anger!

Chorus

 
Then the DRM was cracked, it was a breeze, to, churn out copies by the dozen,
And the blank disk prices tumbled to a point, you would make free copies for your cousin!
I just hope there's no repercussion!


Chorus

(a three verse version of the lyrics by Chris Thomas - 31 August 2012)

Here's a version of the proper lyrics featuring the marvelous Bernard Cribbins... 


No comments:

Post a Comment